Happy Thanksgiving everybody! Hope you are all gobbling till you're wobbling. Don't forget about pooch for Thanksgiving! Here's a nice, tasty, dog biscuit that is wholesome, healthy, and is perfect for Thanksgiving.
Mochi is thankful for all her furry friends, toys that she has decapitated over the years, and lots of love from Erica (especially love in the form of food and cuddles).
(~50 1.5'' bones)
- 2 C. of whole wheat flour (regular or white)
- 1 C of oatmeal
- 1 jar of sweet potato baby food
- 1 jar of green bean baby food
- 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 C. cooked brown rice
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
2. Put ground turkey, sweet potato baby food, and green bean baby food into a blender. Add a bit of water to get the blender going if you have too.
3. Pour turkey puree into a large bowl. Add oatmeal, brown rice, and flour. Dough will be sticky.
4a. Easy option: using a spoon, spoon out quarter sized dough and put on cookie sheet.
4b. Harder option: knead and roll dough. Use a doggy bone cutter to cut shapes out.
Or if you are me, do half hard and when you get lazy do the other half easy.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
After cooled, place in airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Waiting until cooled is an important step; condensation can build and the moisture will cause treats to mold. Shorter shelf life because of meat in the biscuit.
For longer shelf life: Store in freezer for up to 8 months. Take out enough for 2-3 days at a time.
Tip: Write date on plastic bag to keep track of expiration date.
|Looks like Mochi's got a case of food coma!|