Home               About                Treats               Cut-out Treats               Frozen Treats               Mochi

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Oatmeal Dog Treats

This recipe is adapted from  All Natural Dog Treat.
I was kinda weary of oatmeal at first. I'm not a huge fan of it myself. I always think of old people. It doesn't help with the century old quaker dude in the front of the oatmeal packaging. I read up that oatmeal is good for dogs and that they love them. I mean Mochi loves to eat dirt and trash so might as well give oat meal a shot. Dude. She is in love with these treats! I've never seen her so crazy over a treat. I usually bribe her into her crate with treats. Whenever she saw me pull these oatmeal treats out she immediately ran into her crate, no questions asked. Thanks oat meal guy! Hope your pup enjoys them as much as Mochi. It's a great tool to sucker them into the crate :)



Ingredients:
  • 3 Cups of Instant Oatmeal
  • 1 1/2 Cups white whole-wheat flour
  • 1 1/2 Cup cold water
  • 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 Teaspoon baking soda

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together.
3. Spoon onto a greased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 12 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
5. Place on a cooling rack.

STORAGE:
Store in an airtight container once on counter after thoroughly cooled for up to 2 weeks . Waiting until cooled is an important step; condensation can build and the moisture will cause treats to mold.

For longer shelf life: Store in fridge for up to 2 months. Store in freezer for up to 8 months.
Tip: Write date on plastic bag to keep track of expiration date.

1 comment:

  1. I make these weekly for my Grand dogs, they love them, So healthy, better than store bought less calories

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...