This is a recipe from my good friend, Felicia.
- 3 cups Gold Medal Whole Wheat Flour
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry skim milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2-3 jars of baby food
- It's fun mixing and matching flavors!
- For additional healthiness, use organic baby food and/or natural peanut butter
- Caution: when purchasing baby food, read the ingredients carefully. Onion/garlic is toxic to dogs and some baby food contain onion powder. Most meat baby food contain onion powder. I only purchase fruit/veggie baby food
- Today I made: Apples & Chicken and Carrot; Apples & Cherries and Peaches, Oatmeal & Bananas
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix all ingredients together. Stir vigorously.
-You may have to start using your hands.
- Make sure dough is not too sticky or dry. If dough is sticky, add more flour. If dough is too dry, add a bit more water.
Roll the dough and kneed it on a surface about .5 inch thick. Cut with cookie cutters.
- Spread flour on the surface and flip dough back and forth for smoothness
- Bone shaped cookie cutters for $5.95 from Knextion via Amazon
Place on covered cookie sheet about .5 inches apart. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
Tada! The treats are on the softer side so it's perfect for teething puppies and ripping into smaller pieces for training. By the way, they taste like bread in case you are interested.
Store in an airtight container once on counter after thoroughly cooled for up to 2 weeks . Waiting until cooled is an important step; condensation can build and the moisture will cause treats to mold.
For longer shelf life: Store in fridge for up to 2 months. Store in freezer for up to 8 months.
Tip: Write date on plastic bag to keep track of expiration date.
Tip: Share the love with friends :)
Where's my treat?!
Critical reception: Mochi: LOVE at first bite!